I watched most of the debate and watched a lot of the coverage on all the cable news networks (CNN, MSNBC, FOX News), and probably watched FOX News most out of all 3.

The one thing that I heard out of them and reporters from the other 2 stations is that McCain looks more like, at this stage, it's not so much he wants to be POTUS as much as he doesn't want Obama to be POTUS. I didn't realize that until it was pointed out, but the stern looks, the feigned smiles, the jabs at Obama's past...and all w/o really discussing his own policy.

Lots of people said that McCain needed to win big, and really the best way he could have done that is not to engage Obama on non-issue politics, but to focus on his plans and talk about "when" he became POTUS, not if. He should have stood firm and detailed out his plans, not went on the negative offensive.

Thoughts?